Quicken WP won't import qfx file from Citi

Options
pbug56
pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
I've noticed this happened a year ago, answer is blocked from viewing.  I am missing several months of transactions for a Citi credit card (my backup PC).  So I figured out how to export them to QFX from Citi.  Like was noted all those months ago, it asks where to put them, I tell it to link to my appropriate qwp account, hit it, spins, nothing imported.  That discussion was closed with no apparent solution.  Well, the problem still exists.

So now, as a summary of what I have going on with Quicken, Discover Card is broken, Citi Card is broken, and Chase is mostly broken.  Each day it gets worse, with more things not working.  Recently, Quicken announced its plans to change the way Amex Cards update.  Once it does that, I'm guessing that Amex will also be broken.  

These 'improvements' need to be put on hold until all these outstanding major bugs get fixed.

Answers

• pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    So I started getting the ol 362 B error trying to import 9 months worth of missing transactions.  Spent a pile of time deactivating, importing, etc.  Then, with it deactivated, I put the full account number in, though I don't think that had any effect.  Then I shortened the account name (from the default name QWP picked).  Tried activation and import again.  Surprise!  It worked, though I'm about $18 off online to ending.  Needless to say, Quicken gives no warning that an account name it picks is too long, but apparently, when importing a Citi QFX file, it decides that your account that you downloaded for does not exist in Quicken.

Yet another fun filled bug.  You'd think that Microsoft owned Quicken.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Generally, Quicken won't allow you to import a downloaded QFX file into an account register which is currently activated for downloading using One Step Update or "Update Now".
    You would have to deactivate first, then import, then reactivate again.
    However, for a one-time download action, the workaround is to import the transactions into a new (temporary) account register.
    After import block-select all transactions in the new register (except the Opening Balance transaction!). When highlighted, right-click one of the highlighted transactions and select Move transactions from the popup. Select the desired account register and click OK.
    After all transactions have been moved you can delete the temporary account register.
    Now it's just a matter of reviewing the downloaded transactions in its proper register and fixing any problems.
  • pbug56
    pbug56 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Odd, since it usually does work, but not this time.  Bur it's good to know!
This discussion has been closed.