I cant open my Quicken files after Windows Refresh

Hi Guys,

I need some help, I am a subscriber to your Quicken product, never had an issue ive used if for as long as I can remember, brilliant product.
I have just refreshed my Win 10 installation, prior to this I took a backup of my Quicken Files, whilst in the midst of this I have also changed my email address. Win 10 all good, I had lots of trouble logging onto Quicken to download my subscribed software, I finally got that nailed, whilst doing that I also updated my Password and Quicken ID. The software installed no issue, I located my Live Quicken file and it opened but is now asking me to confirm ID and password, ive tried all sorts but it wont except what I know to be correct, the user ID was grayed out but it gave me an opportunity to change the ID I was trying to use, I tried that yet still I cant open up my data file. Some please help, I have 25 years of banking on there but I cant open it up :neutral:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Guys,

I need some help, I am a subscriber to your Quicken product, never had an issue ive used if for as long as I can remember, brilliant product.
    I have just refreshed my Win 10 installation, prior to this I took a backup of my Quicken Files, whilst in the midst of this I have also changed my email address. Win 10 all good, I had lots of trouble logging onto Quicken to download my subscribed software, I finally got that nailed, whilst doing that I also updated my Password and Quicken ID. The software installed no issue, I located my Live Quicken file and it opened but is now asking me to confirm ID and password, ive tried all sorts but it wont except what I know to be correct, the user ID was grayed out but it gave me an opportunity to change the ID I was trying to use, I tried that yet still I cant open up my data file. Some please help, I have 25 years of banking on there but I cant open it up :neutral:
    Hello @Mark-Sparko,     

I am sorry about this problem with opening the program. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, I want to make sure I understand: are you being prompted to enter a password for a particular data file without having set one, or is this prompt for passwords appearing whenever you try to open any of the files you have access to? Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is being stored locally on your computer and not an external hard drive or cloud-based storage service, as the latter can cause erratic program behavior and even data damage. 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.