Multiple Search Criteria

Bob@45
Bob@45 Member ✭✭✭✭
Looking at the R45 announcement, it claims: "We’ve upgraded the Find and Replace tool in the register to allow you to search using find multiple criteria and replace values." 

I read that to suggest I should be able to find/replace where Category = xxx and Memo = yyy. I'm on version Windows Premium R45.21 (build 27.1.45.21), and I do not find this functionality. I only have one Find line, and can only enter one find criteria. Do I read this announcement wrong? 

Comments

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    click the click the little plus sign next to the drop down box for, say, payee contains. That will open another find option.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Here's a screen shot of it after hitting the plus sign, and dropping down the second field.

• Roger Slack
    Roger Slack Member ✭✭
    I too am using the Version # R45.21 and having a problem with the Find/Replace function. Doing a search in my primary Checking account for transactions only having "adjust" in the Check # column but the search is including other Accounts as well. Can someone help?
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    The fact that the drop-down list does not include "account" suggests to me that it does not handle that criteria, and plugging an account name does not work as you have found.  
    You can of course sort the resulting find by account by clicking on the header, which will get you closer to what you are looking for.

edit:  you can of course also sort the checking account register by the check number field or enter "adjust" in the search box at the top left of the checking account register.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    FIND REPLACE is broken in R45. I backed down to R44.20 to get a working FIND function.  I don't know if any of the R46 version have fixed it.

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

This discussion has been closed.