Renaming Rules Broken?

Eastwayroad
Eastwayroad Member ✭✭✭
Recently, some of my Renaming Rules seem to have stopped working.
When editing a new payee in a downloaded transaction, no more popups asking to create new rule.
Some existing rules no longer rename the payee.

Answers

• Hello @Eastwayroad

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I would like to make sure that you have confirmed that the renaming rules do still show up in your list and are still active?

Next, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    After completing these steps and ensuring that the specific renaming rules are still active, I suggest waiting for a few downloads to be initiated and seeing if the issue is still occurring. 

Please come back and update us!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Eastwayroad
    Eastwayroad Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, reset done. Waiting on next batch of downloads to see if that worked.
  • Hello @Eastwayroad

Great, please reach back out and let us know the results so we may assist you further if necessary!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.