How to avoid Q from removing the checkmark in the Memorizd List Calendar column

R Depp
R Depp Member ✭✭
Long term Q on Windows, late version. Quicken occasionally removes checkmark from calendar column from occasional memorized payees. Most common association is two identical memorized payees. i remove the most recent which cures problem. When there is no dupe memorized payee an occasion a checkmark is removed from an occasional entry; i can't determine why in order to avoid making future mistakes. IN such cases reentry does not solve problem, even if done repeatedly. Any ideas?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    R Depp said:
    Long term Q on Windows, late version. Quicken occasionally removes checkmark from calendar column from occasional memorized payees. Most common association is two identical memorized payees. i remove the most recent which cures problem. When there is no dupe memorized payee an occasion a checkmark is removed from an occasional entry; i can't determine why in order to avoid making future mistakes. IN such cases reentry does not solve problem, even if done repeatedly. Any ideas?
    Hello @R Depp,   

We are sorry to hear about this issue with Memorized Payees and missing settings changes. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Begin by saving a backup and going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the steps listed below, in order:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to hearing about your results.  

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • R Depp
    R Depp Member ✭✭
    i have previously used the two steps you suggest - validate and supervalidate. It was a solution for a while, but now does not correct the problem or allow the memorized payee list to reappear. Any other ideas for cure or for prevention would be appreciated
    Thanks, RD3
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    R Depp said:
    i have previously used the two steps you suggest - validate and supervalidate. It was a solution for a while, but now does not correct the problem or allow the memorized payee list to reappear. Any other ideas for cure or for prevention would be appreciated
    Thanks, RD3
    Hello @R Depp,    

We are sorry to hear about these issues continuing. Thank you for letting us know about the results of previous troubleshooting.

Have you tried restoring from a recent backup? We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file.

You may additionally try validating the restored file using the steps provided earlier.

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.