US Bank adding multiple accounts

Options
I am just setting up my accounts on Quicken Deluxe. When adding my accounts for US Bank, it worked fine. When I try to add my husband's account, it disconnects from US Bank and closes Quicken. My husband and I share checking and savings accounts at US Bank, but also have individual accounts, all of which we would like to have linked to Quicken. Is there something specific that I need to do to make this work? Or do I just need to get my name added to my husband's accounts, since I started by adding my accounts to Quicken?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @VRoehrich,

To give you a quick answer to the last question above, before asking for additional information, you should be able to add more than one account at a financial institution - even if the accounts are in different people's name. 

But you would need to use the log-in information that you and your spouse use to access the accounts via the web (usually a user name, or account number, etc AND the password used by each of the two account holders).  In Quicken, you would setup two connections - one for the joint accounts (that you apparently have already setup) and a second - using a connection for just your accounts.  During Quicken's one-step update, Quicken will connect first to one and then - as a separate connection - for the second user (your accounts).

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.