Unable to Save More than 10 Category Splits [Edited]

Options
2»

Answers

• Jonathan Baker
    Options
    AND... it gets worse. If you follow the advice to "use a paycheck" you may find ANOTHER bug.

I get paid twice a month, but due to monthly pre-tax withdraws the mid-month and end-of-month paychecks are different. So i entered two paychecks in Reminders, and set each for "monthly" and with the correct date.

Now for the second bug. if you give both paychecks the same name, Quicken will enter them - but it only uses the data (splits) from the FIRST paycheck. It ignores the splits attached to the correct paycheck. Worse, this doesn't happen if you enter the transaction manually, only if you set an automatic entry XX days in advance.
  • Pinot83
    Pinot83 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I reinstalled a previous version, R45.13, and I decline attempts by Quicken to install a newer version. This solution works fine for me, and I'll wait until they finally get it fixed.
  • kookykrazee
    kookykrazee Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > We do apologize that you continue to be affected by these issues. Thank you for drawing this to our attention here on the Quicken Community.

The here link does not work, anything else about this status?
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > We do apologize that you continue to be affected by these issues. Thank you for drawing this to our attention here on the Quicken Community.

The here link does not work, anything else about this status?
    The link to the alert is no longer relevant as the issue was resolved with the release of version 47.11. You should patch up to version 47.11.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• nima
    nima Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am using Quicken Canada v46.12 where it exabits this issue. There is no 47.11 version available to download when I select "Check for Update". How can I update to v47.11?
  • kookykrazee
    kookykrazee Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @mshiggins said:
    > The link to the alert is no longer relevant as the issue was resolved with the release of version 47.11. You should patch up to version 47.11.

I wonder why I never got a reply that this had been updated with your post. Thanks for the update.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nima said:
    I am using Quicken Canada v46.12 where it exabits this issue. There is no 47.11 version available to download when I select "Check for Update". How can I update to v47.11?
    Q Canada version releases are slower to be released than Q US releases. So likely there is not a Q Canada version with this fix yet.  

The alternate workaround is to revert back to a prior version that did not have this issue.  There should be a post in this discussion describing that process. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• nima
    nima Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @mshiggins said:
    > Q Canada version releases are slower to be released than Q US releases. So likely there is not a Q Canada version with this fix yet.  
    > The alternate workaround is to revert back to a prior version that did not have this issue.  There should be a post in this discussion describing that process. 

I reverted to 45.18 and the problem has gone away. Need to avoid an upgrade at all costs now. Doesn't really give you a warm fuzzy feeling of the quality assurance prior release though.

https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/CAN3955ASD13/QWCA27.1.45.18MPatch.EXE
This discussion has been closed.