Quicken automatically assigns the same category to every transaction

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken Issues [Edited].

Comments

• robertsloan1946
    Options
    Calling doesn't help, no one answers the phone. I haven't gotten answers from the Quicken community. If anyone does know the answer to this, let me know. Quicken automatically assigns the same category to every transaction. How do I change that?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Calling doesn't help, no one answers the phone. I haven't gotten answers from the Quicken community. If anyone does know the answer to this, let me know. Quicken automatically assigns the same category to every transaction. How do I change that?
    Hello @robertsloan1946,     

We are sorry to hear about this confusion with Categories, and the experience you have had with Support. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, is this affecting accounts associated with a particular bank, and if so, which one? Are you operating these accounts manually (without access to online banking services)? What do you see when you navigate to Tools > Memorized Payee List, or to Tools > Category List?

I will be able to provide further assistance once I know a little more about the situation.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.