payments to credit card account not posting in quicken transfer account

rdc25
rdc25 Member ✭✭
I have entered a normal transaction from my checking to pay a credit card balance, but when I checked the cc account, the transaction was not posted. All account info was correct. I deleted and reentered multiple times, but the transfer transaction did not show up on my cc account, only the reduction I entered in my checking account. I then clicked the gear on the checking account transaction and selected "go to matching transfer" (ctrl+X) and it took me to the cc account and the transaction was then posted! What could have caused this?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @rdc25,

It is hard, if not impossible, for us to actually determine what may have happened (BTW - this is my opinion and others may have differing opinions about this).  The best I could do is to make educated guesses about what you experienced, which really won't help you.

If this is a recurring thing, then I would suggest that you contact Quicken Support for assistance the next time you see this behavior. 

Sorry.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.