Seacoast National Bank Payee still showing in Memo field when using direct connect

BstaedL
BstaedL Member ✭✭
I asked same question in Oct 2022 and was told it was a known bug with no eta for fixing it - very frustrating and time consuming!!

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a relatively new setting you could try: In Edit Account Details, Online Services tab for this account please put a checkmark at "Don't update memo when downloading" (new transactions).
    Also please provide some more details:
    What version, edition level (Starter, Deluxe, etc.) and release (R xx.xx) of Quicken are you using?
    US, Canadian or other country version?
    Is your subscription expired or still active?
    Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    How are you downloading transactions? One Step Update? "Update Now" from account register? QFX file import from the bank's website?
    Are you automatically accepting downloaded transactions or are you reviewing each one and making changes as needed prior to accept?

• BstaedL
    BstaedL Member ✭✭
    Thanks for responding. I hadn't seen old discussion. I tried checking the "Don't update Memo" box in account details but that did not fix the issue.
    I use Quicken Deluxe, Version R45.21,US with an active subscription. I download clicking One Step Update, using Direct Connect for Seacoast accounts. I review each transaction prior to accepting. I have multiple accounts from this bank as well as Amex, Schwab (which have issues of their own), eTrade and Chase. I disabled Schwab earlier this year as I was never able to get it working after they upgraded the Schwab site. I always "OneStep Update" for all of these accounts.
    Thanks in advance for any additional advice you can give me!!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BstaedL said:
    Thanks for responding. I hadn't seen old discussion. I tried checking the "Don't update Memo" box in account details but that did not fix the issue.
    I use Quicken Deluxe, Version R45.21,US with an active subscription. I download clicking One Step Update, using Direct Connect for Seacoast accounts. I review each transaction prior to accepting. I have multiple accounts from this bank as well as Amex, Schwab (which have issues of their own), eTrade and Chase. I disabled Schwab earlier this year as I was never able to get it working after they upgraded the Schwab site. I always "OneStep Update" for all of these accounts.
    Thanks in advance for any additional advice you can give me!!
    Thank you for your detailed answer.
    Since you are using Direct Connect to download from your bank, you will have to contact the bank for problem resolution. They are responsible for creating the transaction download stream and their IT support staff in charge of maintaining downloads into Quicken would have to review the situation and make changes as needed.
    If you know how to view the OFX log file, a log file containing the raw downloaded data, you could see what is actually being downloaded and compare it to what appears in your register.
    (The log file is huge. Search for newest transactions at the bottom of the file)
This discussion has been closed.