Quicken 2001 Deluxe requires a password before being able to access Invoicing. Anyone have that pas

Options
Ron M.
Ron M. Member
Quicken 2001 deluxe

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What type of password? There is no invoicing in Quicken Deluxe.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Tod A.
    Tod A. Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    Quicken 2001 has business services that must be unlocked to create invoices
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ron M. said:
    Quicken 2001 deluxe
    Would that be the US version of Quicken or some other, previously available international version?
    Have you just installed this version of Quicken on a new computer?
    Or why are you suddenly getting asked for registration keys?
    Or are you suddenly getting asked for a data file password when none existed before, on the same computer?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This isn't about your question but if you are using the USA version.......You should at least try to convert to the 2013 version since you don’t use any online services or download transactions now. Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. I’m staying on 2013. Then it should be more stable and run on newer computer systems.  2009 is unsupported so it won't send anything to Quicken.  And Intuit doesn't own Quicken anymore.  They sold it off many years ago.

You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article.  It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009. Click on the blue words Quicken 2013 for Windows in step 3

FYI - All Quicken versions prior to QW2010 store your data in a series of files all sharing the same filename but with different extensions like - .IDX, .QEL, .QPH & .QDF, and all 4 of those files were rolled into a single-file .QDF in starting in 2010.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Tod A.
    Tod A. Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I've been using Quicken 2004 for billing since then, but can no longer use it. Bought a C. D.
    on ebay so I could create a similar looking invoice on a newer computer. Under Quicken Services it has "create custom invoices" but when I click on it there's a requirement to go to a web site to
    pay $19.95 to unlock Home & Business but the website no longer exists
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tod A. said:
    I've been using Quicken 2004 for billing since then, but can no longer use it. Bought a C. D.
    on ebay so I could create a similar looking invoice on a newer computer. Under Quicken Services it has "create custom invoices" but when I click on it there's a requirement to go to a web site to
    pay $19.95 to unlock Home & Business but the website no longer exists
    I'm sorry to say it, but you bought the wrong version. Because the old 2004 version is no longer supported, you should have bought the Home & Business version on CD instead, to get around the in-product feature update.
    The upgrade to 2013, as mentioned above by @volvogirl above is at the Deluxe feature level and it also cannot be in-product updated to Home & Business any longer.
    As far as I can see it, your only alternative is to
    1. download and install 2013 Deluxe on your new computer,
    2. open and convert all your data files to the 2013-format
    3. purchase, download and install Quicken Subscription (aka 2022) Home, Business & Rental Management from quicken.com or a reputable Internet merchant,
    4. open and convert all your data files to the 2022-format
    5. customize your Customer Invoice layout and resume invoicing.
This discussion has been closed.