After Updating [to R46.12] - One Step Update Continues To Hang

k_man81
k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
Just installed the new update this morning (R46.12).

Now, One Step update just hangs everytime I try to run it (yes, I wait WAY longer than it takes - usually 5-10 minutes, I'm waiting 30-45).

I do remember the update notes calling out addressing an issue with One Step update - I'm guessing that fix broke something.

It's not reporting as a crash - because I have to tell Windows to stop the process since it's "Not Responding"
Tagged:

Comments

• k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Working through each account to see if it's a certain biller - or just doing the One Step update that causes the problem.
  • k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    Seems like the issue is just when doing the full One Step Update...

But, would still appreciate a fix - as I worry I won't remember to update all of the accounts that I have. :(
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue with R46.12.
  • k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    Maybe the issue was server side...or temporary... Today, after manually updating every account first (because I didn't want to have to re-open and do all of that if it hung again), I was able to run the One Step Update successfully.
  • I have the same issue, and even when trying just 1 account (credit card) it locks up.
  • rmaccorm
    rmaccorm Member ✭✭
    Same continuing problem with R46.12 despite Release Notes - problem with both full update and single account. I have observed that, if a second Update is attempted after the slow one, the second one will execute correctly. It appears that perhaps once a connection is established, the function operates as intended.
  • BLFR
    BLFR Member
    Same issue with R46.12... full update or single account still appears to hang in excess of 20 minutes before I have to kill the process in windows.
  • k_man81
    k_man81 Member ✭✭✭
    As a note...I ended up doing an uninstall, and a full re-install with a fresh download from the Quicken website (also rebooted my PC at least once or twice). And now it is legit performing better than it has in a long time. (I'm on Windows 11, and up until the uninstall and re-install with the latest version - I was crashing on the regular).

On the One-Step Update is also working just fine now.
  • John Ellis
    John Ellis Member ✭✭
    Ever since updated to version Quicken R46.12 all data is missing, including all accounts previously there. When I try to go to previous backup it comes up with also empty data. How to fix.
  • rmaccorm
    rmaccorm Member ✭✭
    Just updated to R47.11. No improvement - One-Step Update still took over three full minutes.

Very annoying!
  • BethN
    BethN Member
    I'm updated to R47.11 and still cannot get the one-step update to work. Just says "waiting" and then flips back to main screen with no updates. I've tried rebooting, deactivating, reinstalling . . . . NOTHING WORKS!

Extremely annoying! What's up, Quicken????
This discussion has been closed.