Typeface (QWIN Canada)
edited January 14 in Product Enhancements (Windows)
I sure would like to see a medium typeface of about this size on offer. The standard size is too small and the large size is HUGE and forces the user to shift around the screen.
Font size problems? Display issues? (Windows)
If you are using a version of Quicken at the Quicken 2019 US R 19.44 patch level or newer and you have previously made the following Compatibility change, please undo the change.
Users of other Quicken versions please try the following:
- Close Quicken !!! (This process won't work while Quicken is running!)
- Check the Compatibility tab settings in your Quicken Desktop program icon:
- In the Windows Start Menu
right-click the Quicken icon. Select "Open File Location". This
brings up a Windows File Explorer window. Right-click the highlighted
Quicken shortcut line item.
- Go to the traditional Windows
Desktop and right-click the Quicken program icon.
- Use Windows File Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\ and right-click qw.exe
- Now click Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Uncheck all settings.
- Windows 7, 8.1: Check
"Disable display scaling on high DPI settings".
Windows 10, 11: Click "Change high DPI settings". Check "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" and select "Application" (also try the other available options repeating the entire procedure!). Click OK.
- Be sure to uncheck the "Run this program in compatibility mode for [older Windows version]" setting.
- Click the "Change settings for all users" button.
- Click Apply and exit.
- Reboot Windows.
- Now start Quicken and see if that makes a difference.
Some additional tuning suggestions:
- Try this workaround for 4k
- System requirements: 1024x768 or higher screen resolution, 1280x1024 minimum for Large Fonts settings
- Unless absolutely required, try not to use "View / Use large fonts"
- Try setting the bank account registers to use a different font style or size: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, click the Fonts button and try different fonts.
- Try adjusting the bank account registers' row height: go to Edit / Preferences / Register, choose among the available Row Height choices: Compact, Comfortable or Standard
- If all else fails, try changing Windows Control Panel / Display options for "Make text and other items … smaller or larger" to use a different scaling level, but try not to exceed 125%
- Try using the Windows Magnifier. Press the Windows logo key and the = key to open Magnifier. Customize Magnifier to increment Zoom in 25% intervals.
Got it and found the right spot. Many thanks.0