Quicken Bill Pay reports that scheduled payments are not on the server but they are still paid

Options
I scheduled several CheckPay payments for the end of December 2022. After doing a copy of my Quicken file, I needed to establish the payment accounts and it looked fine. When I did a Repair Transactions, Quicken reported that the payments did not exist on the server. I was offered to keep the transaction but the bill will not go out, void the transaction or delete the transaction. Since there is no tracking of CheckPay transactions except to say "Pending", I paid the bills on the billers website, assuming that there was some glitch that deleted the payments and that they would not be sent by BillPay.

Lo and behold, at least one of the payments has posted through my bank account! Bad news because now I have paid the (tax) bill twice, with two debits on my bank account.

I am even more concerned about using BillPay to pay my bills, either with QuickPay or CheckPay.

Any idea what is going on?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I scheduled several CheckPay payments for the end of December 2022. After doing a copy of my Quicken file, I needed to establish the payment accounts and it looked fine. When I did a Repair Transactions, Quicken reported that the payments did not exist on the server. I was offered to keep the transaction but the bill will not go out, void the transaction or delete the transaction. Since there is no tracking of CheckPay transactions except to say "Pending", I paid the bills on the billers website, assuming that there was some glitch that deleted the payments and that they would not be sent by BillPay.

Lo and behold, at least one of the payments has posted through my bank account! Bad news because now I have paid the (tax) bill twice, with two debits on my bank account.

I am even more concerned about using BillPay to pay my bills, either with QuickPay or CheckPay.

Any idea what is going on?
    Hello @jdanderson54,       

We apologize about this problem with scheduling payments. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, I am unclear as to what issue prompted you to choose to Repair Transactions that you mentioned earlier in your comment; was there some prior error message you were receiving before the issue with pending CheckPay transactions began? Were you noticing issues with the verification micro-deposits when setting up CheckPay? 

I look forward to your answers and I hope to work with you further on this issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.