Backup Fails Every Time on Version R46.12 on Windows

Cardiana
Cardiana Member ✭✭
This happens every time. The screenshots walk through the process. What's wrong?

Best Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Quicken doesn't support keeping your active Quicken data file in a folder on a cloud drive. You need to move it to a local folder. You can use Dropbox for backups.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    The problem is that you're storing your active Quicken data file in a Drobox folder. When you exit Quicken, Dropbox locks the file to sync it and Quicken can't get access to it. You need to move your active Quicken data file to a local folder such as C:\Users\<Username>/Documents/Quicken.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? From Quicken --> File --> You should see the path above Exit.
  • Cardiana
    Cardiana Member ✭✭
    Did that not show in my screenshots?

When I shortened it, it seemed to work, but have have files for 3 different last names & I don’t seem to be able to keep the backups in separate folders.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    No, it didn't show the full patch to your active Quicken data file. It looks like the file is in a folder on a cloud drive.
  • Cardiana
    Cardiana Member ✭✭
    Oh. I try to use Dropbox when my computer defaults to iCloud. It used to work on Dropbox.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    Quicken doesn't support keeping your active Quicken data file in a folder on a cloud drive. You need to move it to a local folder. You can use Dropbox for backups.
  • Cardiana
    Cardiana Member ✭✭
    I'm still getting errors even when I change the file path to Dropbox -->Quicken-->Backups
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    The problem is that you're storing your active Quicken data file in a Drobox folder. When you exit Quicken, Dropbox locks the file to sync it and Quicken can't get access to it. You need to move your active Quicken data file to a local folder such as C:\Users\<Username>/Documents/Quicken.
  • Cardiana
    Cardiana Member ✭✭
    That helps. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.