Three Strikes

Options
tim.rohrer1
tim.rohrer1 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in Investing (Mac)
Third round of data loss in less than three months.

Yes, I made some changes to categories, and Quicken wanted to reset the cloud sync. Assured me there wouldn't be data loss, but there is tons.

I'll look for whatever backup causes the least amount of rework :-( :-( :-(

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1) Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND
    2) do you actually use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

The Sync process has been suspected of a number of weird happenings with Quicken. Could your problem be caused by Sync?

If you answer "yes" to the 1st question and "no" to the 2nd question, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.

If you answer "yes" to both questions, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

• tim.rohrer1
    tim.rohrer1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes to both (for the time being).

The Reset Sync process is probably what caused the massive loss of categories. I conclude that because it was when that process finished that the errors appeared. Admittedly, the errors could have occurred near simultaneously. Beats me. All I know is that the categories were hosed and I lost two full days of work. I'm working in earnest now on a migration of my data.
This discussion has been closed.