Fidelity 401k Showing $0

craig66
craig66 Member ✭✭
I'm trying to add my employer 401k account through Fidelity 401k.
- Add new account
- Select Fidelity 401k
- Enter my credentials
- Quicken finds my account(s).
- I select the 401k (it is showing the correct balance/value on the selection screen in Quicken).
- Investment Tracking Method - Simple is the only option allowed.
- Successfully complete setup.
- Value shows-up as $0, with no investments.
- Complete online update, no change

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    craig66 said:
    I'm trying to add my employer 401k account through Fidelity 401k.
    - Add new account
    - Select Fidelity 401k
    - Enter my credentials
    - Quicken finds my account(s).
    - I select the 401k (it is showing the correct balance/value on the selection screen in Quicken).
    - Investment Tracking Method - Simple is the only option allowed.
    - Successfully complete setup.
    - Value shows-up as $0, with no investments.
    - Complete online update, no change
    Hello @craig66,

We are sorry about this problem with online banking services, and adding accounts. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Click Next
    6. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    7. Click Next 

You may then add your Fidelity-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol then choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

Let us know about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • craig66
    craig66 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @craig66,
    >
    > We are sorry about this problem with online banking services, and adding accounts. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:
    >
    > * Navigate to File
    > * Select New
    > * Select Start from scratch
    > * Click Next
    > * Click Next
    > * Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    > * Click Next 
    >
    > You may then add your Fidelity-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol then choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 
    >
    > Let us know about your results. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Thanks for getting back to me!! I completed the above with the exact same result.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    craig66 said:
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @craig66,
    >
    > We are sorry about this problem with online banking services, and adding accounts. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:
    >
    > * Navigate to File
    > * Select New
    > * Select Start from scratch
    > * Click Next
    > * Click Next
    > * Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    > * Click Next 
    >
    > You may then add your Fidelity-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol then choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 
    >
    > Let us know about your results. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Thanks for getting back to me!! I completed the above with the exact same result.
    Hello @craig66,   

Thanks so much for getting back to me with the results from the test file. I do apologize that this issue is continuing.

If the Connection Type in use when trying to add accounts to online banking services through the Fidelity 401k instance is 'Quicken Connect,' then unfortunately, it will be necessary to reach out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them. I wish that I could provide a resolution from the Quicken Community, but this represents the next necessary step in addressing this issue.

I hope that this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,     

Quicken Jared
This discussion has been closed.