Why does Quicken add to a previously cleared balance in the Reconcile window?

Mary G
Mary G Member ✭✭
I have Windows. I click Ctrl R and begin the reconciliation. In the window, the prior balance given matches the beginning balance on my bank statement. The only change in the past month is the addition of $.13 interest.
In the Reconcile window, the cleared balance is correct: $260.67. The ending balance is correct: $260.80. The difference is -0.13, which is the interest amount displayed in the Deposits column. I select the interest payment to clear it.

Suddenly the cleared balance changes to 273.67, and I am off by $12.87.
PLEASE help me!!!

Best Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Mary G,

Very strange.  Are you sure that the 13 cents of interest wasn't somehow entered as 13 dollars instead?  That would explain the problem.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @Mary G,

The "Duh" was clearly not necessary.  You'd be surprised to know how many folks do the same, or a similar, thing!

Just happy to know that I helped you...

Take care.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Mary G,

Very strange.  Are you sure that the 13 cents of interest wasn't somehow entered as 13 dollars instead?  That would explain the problem.

Frankx

• Mary G
    Mary G Member ✭✭
    OMG. It WAS entered as $13.00. Duh. Thank you so much!
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @Mary G,

The "Duh" was clearly not necessary.  You'd be surprised to know how many folks do the same, or a similar, thing!

Just happy to know that I helped you...

Take care.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.