Online payment not showing as Sent even though I verified it with my bank

Options
Wayne Hoit
Wayne Hoit Member ✭✭
I'm using Quicken Deluxe v R46.12 build 27.1.46.12, Windows 10

After updating to the above version, I tried to send 3 payments through my bank.
2 worked properly, but the third caused an error - Quicken mistook the payment for a much earlier one (7.2022) and said it couldn't be sent because it was in the past.

I validated the file, then restarted Quicken and tried again.
This time, it told me that the bank server rejected the payment because it was a duplicate.
I verified the payment status with my bank - it is indeed scheduled.

However, Quicken still displays the status as SEND - instead of a number and a lightning bolt.
So every time I exit Quicken it asks if I want to send the unsent payment - I decline as it would only error again with the "duplicate" information.

How can I get Quicken to properly acknowledge the payment as Sent?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Wayne Holt,

I have had a number of instances where I submitted an online payment - through Quicken - to the bank and it resulted in an error code "too late to make payment".  If I left it alone (i.e. did not change the date to a later date) I would receive the error again, the next time I downloaded from the bank.

In those cases, to avoid a late payment, I sometimes would go online and make the payment through the bank's website, or through a different bank account.  The only ways I could get the error codes to stop was to either: a) delete the original transaction (in cases where I used another financial institution to make the payment) or change the Check # field to delete the "Send" action.  Even though you were able to get your bank to make the payment through that account, I know of no way - other than the bank's download of the payment once it is made - to get the the bank to change the Check # field.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Wayne Holt,

I have had a number of instances where I submitted an online payment - through Quicken - to the bank and it resulted in an error code "too late to make payment".  If I left it alone (i.e. did not change the date to a later date) I would receive the error again, the next time I downloaded from the bank.

In those cases, to avoid a late payment, I sometimes would go online and make the payment through the bank's website, or through a different bank account.  The only ways I could get the error codes to stop was to either: a) delete the original transaction (in cases where I used another financial institution to make the payment) or change the Check # field to delete the "Send" action.  Even though you were able to get your bank to make the payment through that account, I know of no way - other than the bank's download of the payment once it is made - to get the the bank to change the Check # field.

Hope this helps.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Wayne Hoit
    Wayne Hoit Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Frankx - I changed the it from SEND to a bogus number. It stopped asking me to send when I quit. Now I'll just wait until it clears my bank and go from there. Thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.