Deja Vu- Discover transactions not showing

Options
zebra1
zebra1 Member ✭✭
I've downloaded my Discover transactions using One Step into Quicken for Windows. Although it worked until 1/4/2023 (I created a new file in December 2022 after abandoning Quicken last spring for the same reasons), I now have a balance that matches my current online balance, but no transactions have appeared for the new billing cycle. It looks like update R46.12 did me in. Any solutions?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zebra1 said:
    I've downloaded my Discover transactions using One Step into Quicken for Windows. Although it worked until 1/4/2023 (I created a new file in December 2022 after abandoning Quicken last spring for the same reasons), I now have a balance that matches my current online balance, but no transactions have appeared for the new billing cycle. It looks like update R46.12 did me in. Any solutions?
    Hello @zebra1,   

We are sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

If you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Discover-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same issue occurring in the test data file once this is attempted. 

Let us know about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • zebra1
    zebra1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    It works- today with a brand new file. BUT- My current data file is less than a month old. I created a new one in December after quitting Quicken last spring after months of creating new data files. Today I went through all the troubleshooting with phone support. The end result was that Quicken modified all my balances to match the online balances without entering any transactions- just like last year. If the original wasn't backed up, Quicken would have trashed my records- just like last year.
  • zebra1
    zebra1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm sorry I sound irritated. I LOVED Quicken and had been using it religiously for over a decade. In the past 18 months I can't trust it to not damage my records.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    zebra1 said:
    I'm sorry I sound irritated. I LOVED Quicken and had been using it religiously for over a decade. In the past 18 months I can't trust it to not damage my records.
    Hello @zebra1,   

No need to apologize; I do understand your frustration. Thanks for telling me about what happened after trying to link accounts in a test file.

If you get the opportunity, you could try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

I hope this helps, and let us know how this works, if you can check back in with us about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • zebra1
    zebra1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your assistance.
This discussion has been closed.