Merrill Edge detailed tracking, status?

Options
bambi
bambi Member ✭✭
What is the status now with detailed tracking on Merrill Edge brokerage accounts? I had it through late November 2022, closed the account ([Removed - Language] mistake), opened an identical one, and can now only get simple tracking. Tier 2 tech support can't help, either at Quicken or at Merrill. They both say it's the other's issue. Who can help?

Comments

• lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Try this:
    1. Disconnect all Merrill Edge accounts in Quicken.
    2. Connect these Merrill Edge accounts using the Financial Institution labeled "Merrill Lynch Investments". Under the Advanced button, make sure Direct Connect is selected. When this fails to get the job done:
    3. Log in to MerrillEdge.com website and enable Quicken access for your accounts.
    4. Repeat step 2.
    Let us know how this goes.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • jcrubino
    jcrubino Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried all workarounds / fixes but Merrill downloads are still not working. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!! FIX NOW!!!
  • keithgo1
    keithgo1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having very similar issues. Even with following numerous steps to deactivate existing accounts, delete passwords from Keychain Access and reactivate again. It also appears that some accounts I have are associated with Merrill Edge using one credential and the others under Merrill Investments using another. The detailed downloads do not work no matter which server or credential is being used. Please address this!
  • Kevin45
    Kevin45 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • jcrubino
    jcrubino Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Still unable to connect to / download transactions from Merrill. The length of time this issue has gone unresolved is ridiculous. Quicken / Merrill fix it now!
  • keithgo1
    keithgo1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Folks, it appears to me that the newly released Quicken for Mac v6.12.1 (Build 612.47851.100) has resolved the detailed transaction download problem....at least for Merrill. Try reactivating after you install update. Once it recognized my accounts, I chose to add them as new instead of linking them. It also allowed me to choose detailed transactions as an option. Please let us know how it goes.
  • Bill Zakowski
    Options
    I can connect via Quicken Connect but the account balances are 0. any thoughts
  • Bill Zakowski
    Options
    I am getting error code 2000 when trying to connect via direct connect
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am getting error code 2000 when trying to connect via direct connect
    Just guessing ... your error code 2000 could be caused because you did not perform Step 3 in the above instructions:
    Log in to MerrillEdge.com website and enable Quicken access for your accounts.
  • Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    thank you but that didn't work either. My accounts still show a 0 balance. I can connect with Quicken Connect but as I said I get a 0 balance. I am not able to connect via Direct Connect, I get the 2000 error
  • Bill Zakowski
    Options
    update. I am a ML Investment user not a Merrill Edge. All I can do is manually download the QFX files and drag them into the Quicken app
  • keithgo1
    keithgo1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Bill- Have you deactivated the existing Merrill accounts in Quicken and then tried adding them again using your ML credentials? Also, have you updated Quicken to the latest version?
  • Bill Zakowski
    Options
    Yea to both. I still cannot have the balances update led automatically. Thanks for asking
  • lhossus
    Options
    @Bill Zakowski
    Have you tried setting up a test data file in Quicken, separate from your working data file?
    1. File > New, Start from Scratch.
    2. Add Account to this test data file for the Merrill accounts you wish to track.
    3. As you enter your ML Login ID and Password, Be sure to select Direct Connect for the connection type in the Advanced pop-over dialog.
    4. AND one more thing: near the top of the Add Account dialog there is a link labeled "Go to <link> to enroll." I am unfamiliar with this mechanism but its appearance in the dialog suggests it is important. Have you "enrolled"?
    The purpose of the test data file in this situation is to establish confidence that you can get a working setup in Quicken for Merrill Lynch Investments accounts. Once you successfully set up connection in the test data file, then troubleshooting can resume in the working data file.

• Bill Zakowski
    Options
    Thank you I tried that. It does not work for me
  • keithgo1
    keithgo1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Bill- Can you go into your Quicken file and select one of the ML accounts and then choose "Account Settings". Click on the "Downloads" tab and tell us what is reflects under Financial Institution, Connection Type and Routing Number.
  • Bill Zakowski
    Options
    Merrill Lynch Investments
    Web Connect
    www.mkdirect.ml.com
  • keithgo1
    keithgo1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ok, so the issue is with Web Connect versus the desired Direct Connect method. So if you go back to Account Settings for the Merrill account and click on the "Details" tab, does it list the "Investment Tracking Method" as Simple (Positions Only)?
  • Bill Zakowski
    Options
    thanks for all you help. It says simple (positions only)
  • Bill Zakowski
    Options
    I don't think ML Investments supports automatic downloading
  • lhossus
    Options
    Thank you I tried that. It does not work for me
    Did you go to the ML Investments website and enroll this new test file for Direct Connect downloads? I think that is what the Error 2000 is trying to tell you.

@keithgo1
    Do you know how to do this enrollment?
  • keithgo1
    keithgo1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    They do support it. You're experiencing the same issue I had previously. Mine was resolved with updating to the latest version of Quicken and as previously stated, I had to deactivate all ML accounts, Add New, select ML and log in. Instead of linking them to the existing accounts, i just added them as new and it provided me with the option to select Detailed Investment Tracking. I'm sorry you’re having so many issues with it but unless someone has another suggestion, I'm about past my ability to help.
  • keithgo1
    keithgo1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @lhossus
    I dont believe I've ever had to enroll with either Merrill Lynch or Merrill Edge to get detailed transactions.
  • Bill Zakowski
    Options
    thanks I tried your suggestion, it did not work. There is no obvious way to enroll on the MK Investments web site. ML support says if manual download work that all that is needed. I don't think he really understood want I needed
  • keithgo1
    keithgo1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Last question. Do you have multiple Merrill accounts using different credentials?
  • lhossus
    Options
    Are you in the United States? Canada? Or somewhere else?

Are you using a VPN?

Are you using anti-virus software?
  • Bill Zakowski
    Bill Zakowski Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    US, no VPN. No anti virus. Are you telling me you have accounts with ML Investments and your accounts download and update automatically ?
    3 accounts and same credentials
  • lhossus
    Options
    One last suggestion:
    • Log out of the Merrill Lynch web site, if currently logged in.
    When using Add Account to connect Merrill Lynch Investment accounts, after selecting Direct Connect (click the Advanced button), and clicking Sign In.

When you get the Error Code 2000, do this:
    1. Close the Add Account window.
    2. Log in to the Merrill Lynch web site.
    3. There should be a notice about your attempted access via Quicken.
    4. Follow the instructions carefully. Typically, they will tell you how to authorize Q;uicken's access, and also require you to repeat the Add Account within a 10 minute window.
    As I do not have an account with Merrill Lynch, I cannot give more exact instructions. If you do encounter problems with this procedure, it would be helpful if you give the exact steps you followed and exactly what you observed with each step. Screenshots too.
  • Bill Zakowski
    Options
    Thank you for your advice. It still does not connect for me. I don't think ML Investments supports auto downloads. Can someone who actually has ML Investments confirm they have it working?
    Here is what I am doing. Select account, select connect account. select direct connect in advanced settings. I get a link from the Quicken app telling me to go online with MK and authorize Quicken. I do so and get a reminder that I have 10 minutes to complete the connection. I return to the Quicken app and enter my credentials. After this I get the 2000 error message. See screen shots. I have spoken to ML and they tell me that all I should expect is manual downloads.

thanks again for the efforts
  • Bill Zakowski
    Options
    update. I tried again connecting with Quicken Connect. This time successful account creation. The balances are not correct. maybe to has something to do with cash accounts. Getting closer :)
This discussion has been closed.