Wells Fargo Download completes without downloading any info

Options
Kailana
Kailana Member
I have several Wells Fargo accounts all setup for automatic download. Initially, one account stopped downloading transactions while the others were ok. A few weeks ago, all Wells Fargo accounts have stopped downloading. When I click the button to update, the process continues and says it completed successfully, however, no transactions are downloading for any account. If I try to manually download the file from Wells Fargo, it does add them, however, if I'm not careful it duplicates previously downloaded entries.

In Accounts, when I view some of the accounts, they all say "Improve Connection". When I click on that and log into Wells Fargo, I'm shown all of my accounts, but all of them say "Don't Add to Quicken" and I have no option to change it. These same accounts show last download was 1/5/23.

Not sure what to try next...

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kailana said:
    I have several Wells Fargo accounts all setup for automatic download. Initially, one account stopped downloading transactions while the others were ok. A few weeks ago, all Wells Fargo accounts have stopped downloading. When I click the button to update, the process continues and says it completed successfully, however, no transactions are downloading for any account. If I try to manually download the file from Wells Fargo, it does add them, however, if I'm not careful it duplicates previously downloaded entries.

In Accounts, when I view some of the accounts, they all say "Improve Connection". When I click on that and log into Wells Fargo, I'm shown all of my accounts, but all of them say "Don't Add to Quicken" and I have no option to change it. These same accounts show last download was 1/5/23.

Not sure what to try next...
    Hello @Kailana,      

We are sorry about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

What connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box. 

Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Wells Fargo-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same problems occurring in the test data file once this is attempted. 

I look forward to hearing more from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.