How do you speed this tortoise up?

It appears that the program has to somehow 'consider' each of my keystrokes before responding with an action. What the hack is the hold-up here?

Answers

• mcklaipm
    mcklaipm Member
    I agree, this thing is very slow. Last update made the Security List take five minutes to load and then if you click on Hide security it takes a minute for each one. Did the file repair and validate but did not make a difference.
  • MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 22
    I wonder how old your computers are and/or what their specs are @jb-flying-f and @mcklaipm ?

My QDF is over 185 MB (huge for a Quicken file) and contains 30 years of data... and I have instant response to keystrokes, security list (which is huge), etc.... And, I'm on a 7 year old Mac running Windows 10 in a virtualization layer which should make me slower than any recent PC...

Perhaps an antivirus issue... or a virus issue?
    Quicken Windows and Mac subscription • Quicken user since 1990
    iMac Pro, macOS Ventura 13.2 • Windows 10 via Parallels Desktop 17
  • jb-flying-f
    jb-flying-f Member ✭✭
    Thank you to MK for the suggestions. No, viruses aren't the issue, nor is it an 'old' computer. Running Win-10 on a recently upgraded desktop. This program was 4-5 times faster before I had to buy this annual 'membership' to use it. However, it still works okay, although it has a tendency to exit when I didn't ask it to, so I'll continue to use it of course.