Quicken Mac (Cloud) can not import Quicken Windows QDF

MontanaKarl
MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
I'm trying to migrate a validated Quicken QDF from the current version of Quicken Premier Windows (R46.12 Build 27.1.46.12) and keep failing.

For a few years now, QMac has used a Quicken Cloud service to convert QDF files ... the old desktop QDF converter was 32 bit only and has been eliminated.  This article:
https://www.quicken.com/support/converting-quicken-windows-quicken-mac-2016
which always shows the updated date as 'today' is 100% wrong... as there is no downloadable converter any longer.  The QDF file must be uploaded for conversion.

With today's version of QMac (6.11.3 Build 61147347.100), I do the usual process of selecting "Start from a Quicken for Windows file", and then follow the prompts to upload my Windows QDF for cloud conversion.  The upload completes...

The process always ends with this message: "Could not import <QDF>.  Quicken was not able to read the contents of your QDF file."

There are no logs to examine...because the process is done by a cloud service.

I'm wondering if the file format for QWin has changed in recent builds and the cloud conversion code is broken?  I guess I'll try a fresh/fake QDF to check that possibility.

Any ideas?

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

Tagged:

Comments

• MontanaKarl
    P.S. The product Help has this page which talks about making sure that there are no hidden accounts. ... but this, too, seems like out-of-date content because it then refers to a QXF file... but the QMac conversion cloud uses the QDF file.  In any case, un-hiding my hidden account gave no change... still 'could not import'.
    https://help.quicken.com/display/MAC/Things+to+do+before+converting+your+data

• MontanaKarl
    edited January 2023
    PPS The cloud conversion of a QDF seems broken... following the steps as listed to start from scratch with a Windows QDF.  However... exporting a QXF file from QWin and then using File > Import to import the QXF into a fresh, empty QMac file seems to work.

Over 56,000 transactions being imported with dozens of accounts. All looks good.  So, I'm not sure why the knowledgebase, online Help, and the "Start from a Quicken Windows File" wizard don't all just use the QXF, especially since the process is done entirely locally without any cloud processing.

This discussion has been closed.