How can I un-tag a transaction?

Pin to taskbar
Pin to taskbar Member ✭✭
I want to remove the tag from a transaction. To clarify:
--NOT delete the tag: I still need this tag for lots of other transactions.
--NOT replace the tag on the transaction with some other tag. Instead, remove the tag that's there and leave the transaction completely untagged.

Can someone steer me on this? Thanks!

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Hi @Pin to taskbar,

To remove a Tag from a transaction, all you need to do is to open the register that has the transaction, then locate the transaction and click on the Tag field > highlight the tag press the "Delete" key > and hit enter.

This will ONLY remove the Tag from this one transaction and won't delete the tag from any other and you'll still be able to use the tag going forward.

Let me know how that goes and if you have any followups.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓
    Hi @Pin to taskbar,

To remove a Tag from a transaction, all you need to do is to open the register that has the transaction, then locate the transaction and click on the Tag field > highlight the tag press the "Delete" key > and hit enter.

This will ONLY remove the Tag from this one transaction and won't delete the tag from any other and you'll still be able to use the tag going forward.

Let me know how that goes and if you have any followups.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Thanks! (I spent quite a while discussing this on chat with an agent and they weren't able to help, at least not in a way I could follow.)
This discussion has been closed.