Delete an Item

Options
When I open Quickens and click on FILE, 4 options are shown at the bottom of the drop box. Is it possible to delete one that is no longer relevant to me?

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the data file no longer exists, you can click on the name and Quicken will offer to remove it.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • ronnovak44
    Options
    The data does exist and when I click on the option I wish to remove the entire contents appears on the next screen ready to use. I am looking for a quick delete without individually deleting each and every account, still not knowing if the file will still be listed in the FILE drop box................
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you are referring to the four data files used previously you no longer need to veiw, yes you can delete the entries with a caution. You first need to navigate to C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\Quicken\Config

Under the Config folder you will find QUSER. 

Open it by double clicking and you should see the text file open in notepad similar to below.

Carefully delete any text not desired below the #1 location leaving the 2..4 as shown above. Do not change any other entry. After verifying the change, select File>Save in Notepad.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adding on to @GeoffG 's instructions:
    Quicken must be closed when you do this change to the configuration file.
    After saving the changed file you can start Quicken again.
This discussion has been closed.