Trouble with TD Canada accounts

Options
pruner900
pruner900 Member
Just bought Quicken today (hopefully the Canadian version!). I've managed to connect my BMO and RBC accounts but I cannot get the TD connection to work at all. There are a bunch of TD entries in the institution list but they all seem to be TD US. Any ideas?

Thanks, Dave.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pruner900 said:
    Just bought Quicken today (hopefully the Canadian version!). I've managed to connect my BMO and RBC accounts but I cannot get the TD connection to work at all. There are a bunch of TD entries in the institution list but they all seem to be TD US. Any ideas?

Thanks, Dave.
    Hello @pruner900,    

Thank you for letting us know about these difficulties here on the Quicken Community. We do apologize 

After checking internally, it appears that the United States subscription is currently in use. I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to work with you in order to change the Subscription type. I do wish that we could provide more advice from the Quicken Community, but Support's help will be necessary in this situation.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you click on Help --> About Quicken, Quicken open up a dialogue box that tells you whether you have the US version or the Canadian version.

I learned something interesting here. I was going to state that The Canadian version of Quicken can only connect to Canadian banks; the US version of Quicken can only connect to USA banks. However, I just checked the FIDIR - the file that governs which banks Quicken connects to. When I compare the USA and Canadian Quicken there were a few banks in common, including RBC Royal Bank. Previously I understood that Quicken Canada connect to RBC Royal Bank Canada and Quicken US connect to RBC USA. But, I now see there is overlap for RBC.
This discussion has been closed.