CIBC online balance and ending balance do not match (Q Win Canada)

Mr Biggs
Mr Biggs Member ✭✭
I have accounts with CIBC that use web express connect, the online balance and ending balance do not match, this has been on-going for a week, only way I can resolve is to deactivate and reconnect the accounts, I have reported this issue through the HELP menu, how or when can this be resolved? I am using Quicken Deluxe, version R45.18, Build 27.1.45.18

Thanks
Keith

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Mr Biggs said:
    I have accounts with CIBC that use web express connect, the online balance and ending balance do not match, this has been on-going for a week, only way I can resolve is to deactivate and reconnect the accounts, I have reported this issue through the HELP menu, how or when can this be resolved? I am using Quicken Deluxe, version R45.18, Build 27.1.45.18

Thanks
    Keith
    Hello @Mr Biggs,   

We are sorry about this problem with balance discrepancies. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

If you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your CIBC-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the Tools menu option in upper left-hand side of the screen, or via the button in the more central, upper left-hand panel, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same issu occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Mr Biggs
    Mr Biggs Member ✭✭
    Hi Jarad:

I did setup test account, however was not having any issues until today in both the test account and my original account. Again, the online balance and ending balance do not match for my CIBC accounts. I logged into my CIBC online banking account and can confirm the ending balance in Quicken does match the online banking account. How do I resolve this?

Keith
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Mr Biggs said:
    Hi Jarad:

I did setup test account, however was not having any issues until today in both the test account and my original account. Again, the online balance and ending balance do not match for my CIBC accounts. I logged into my CIBC online banking account and can confirm the ending balance in Quicken does match the online banking account. How do I resolve this?

Keith
    Hello @Mr Biggs,       

We are sorry about this problem with online banking services that seems to be continuing. Thank you for providing us with the results from the test file. 

Given the nature of this problem, and the connection method involved, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to work with you in order to troubleshoot and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them, uniquely. I do wish that we could provide more advice from the Quicken Community, but Support's help will be necessary in this situation.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Mr Biggs
    Mr Biggs Member ✭✭
    Thanks Jared, will reach out to support. Apologies for misspelling your name in my earlier post :)
This discussion has been closed.