R46.12 Bill and Income Reminders Window not showing or skipping reminders

R46.12 Build 27.1.46.12 Deluxe Version. I keep having scheduled income/bill reminders skip showing the next instance of the bill. This happens most with a recurring two week monthly income reminder but also with random bill reminders. These reminders still show further down the list, just not for the next instance. I go back and manually change these reminders for the next instance, but a few days later, they skip that date again. Note this is under the Bills & Income tab, I am not showing reminders in the register. None of these use online billers.

Comments

• ctslaton
    ctslaton Member ✭✭
    I am still having this issue after recent updates.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ctslaton said:
    R46.12 Build 27.1.46.12 Deluxe Version. I keep having scheduled income/bill reminders skip showing the next instance of the bill. This happens most with a recurring two week monthly income reminder but also with random bill reminders. These reminders still show further down the list, just not for the next instance. I go back and manually change these reminders for the next instance, but a few days later, they skip that date again. Note this is under the Bills & Income tab, I am not showing reminders in the register. None of these use online billers.
    What is the setting for number of days in "Auto enter [xx] days in advance" or "Remind me [xx] days ..."?
    Is it zero or greater than the number of days between instances (e.g., >14 on a two weeks frequency)?

• ctslaton
    ctslaton Member ✭✭
    I have the Bill & Income" view set to show all within the next 90 days. The actual income Reminder is set to show "Remind me 1 days in advance". The income Reminder is set to Due Next on .......... Every 2 weeks on Friday. It just seems to skip the next one that is upcoming, but show all the ones correctly after that within the 90 day view period. My only fix has been to change the Due Next on date to the date that is skipped and resave and it shows correctly during that session, but once I log off and on a few times it goes back to skipping the next date but all the dates after that show correctly.
  • Katrina52
    Katrina52 Member ✭✭
    My Reminders problem is that some account registers still show the clock icon where the reminders are and others are showing Reminders under the gear icon. I don't know why and I don't like it in the Gear icon. This makes for a long list of items to search through to find my Reminders and can't find a way to change it back.
  • I have the same issue and it has been going on for more than two years now. While this is the first time in this forum, I am surprised this issue has not been fixed by Quicken yet. This issue occurs on average every two to three months and affects both bills and income reminders. I believe the issue occurs when I sync my desktop quicken program with the Quicken Mobile & Web. However, this should not be happening if the program is performing the way it should and for what I pay annually. The only way I know to fix it is to manually enter the missing transactions. Hopefully someone at quicken is monitoring these chat windows.
  • mrmeyer
    mrmeyer Member ✭✭
    Same issue. I can see an upcoming reminder - usually set for 3 days - but when the actual day comes, it just reschedules itself for next month. This is recent, it used to show "overdue" until I manually entered it.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrmeyer said:
    Same issue. I can see an upcoming reminder - usually set for 3 days - but when the actual day comes, it just reschedules itself for next month. This is recent, it used to show "overdue" until I manually entered it.
    Do you shut down Quicken at the end of the day or do you leave the program running while your computer goes into hibernate mode overnight?
    Is this reminder set to "Auto enter 3 days in advance" or "Remind me 3 days in advance"?
    Is your register set to NOT show future dated transactions (e.g., Date Range filter set to "Last xx days" (implies today's date and older))?

• downinfl
    downinfl Member ✭✭

R48.9; B 27.1.48.9 Starter edition. Same issue, becoming worse. I need something RELIABLE, Quicken!

• downinfl
    downinfl Member ✭✭

More to previous post:

R48.9; B 27.1.48.9 Starter edition. Same issue, becoming worse. I need something RELIABLE, Quicken!

My reminders are set to auto-enter into the register, 30 or 31 days ahead: nothing is showing up in the transaction register. One is set for 365 days ahead: hasn't shown up in the register 3+ months after it should have.

• downinfl
    downinfl Member ✭✭

To All:

I found this in another post. Seemed to work for me:

Quicken tells me, "You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links."

OK, I'll try to help you the long way:

Go to "New Reminders Repeat" on this section of the forum and follow the directions for validating your file.

Thanks for the help, Quicken. NOT!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

You may want to set these reminders to enter no more than 28 days ahead.
    I suspect that there may be an issue with calculating the next instance's due date if the [xx] days ahead is set to a number which is greater than the number of real days between two instances of a reminder. Think February with 28 days.

• BostonBrowne
    BostonBrowne Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue as Katrina52, ChiefKing & mrmeyer and it's extremely frustrating! I keep losing transactions and for the money we pay annually, this is unacceptable. This a tool I rely heavily on to keep track of my finances so it would be nice if it actually worked the way its supposed to. Very unreliable lately!!
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@downinfl is this the post you were trying to link to for solutions?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• JMack436
    JMack436 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    I have posted about the "broken" Bills & Reminders list for about a year now.
    This issue appeared over a YEAR ago.
    I used to be able to rely on 'Bill and Income Reminders' to alert me if a bill was coming due, but no more.
    For about the last year or so, the dates are all off.

On the rare occasion when it does show me a pop-up, asking if this is the current bill due, it will advance the next due date by TWO MONTHS, instead of just one like it used to.
    Also, if I elect to 'skip' a payment (because maybe no payment is due this month), it does the same thing, it advances the next due date two months.

I've tried running Validate but it never finds anything wrong.
    I've uninstalled and re-installed Quicken and still, no change.

One suggestion I've seen offered here is to turn off Mobile Sync.
    I've done that and it had no effect.
    I've tried running Validate but it never finds anything wrong.
    I've tried running Quicken in Admin mode, no change.
    I've uninstalled and re-installed Quicken and still, no change.
    Bill and Income Reminders are still being advanced by TWO MONTHS.
This discussion has been closed.