R46.9 bug/error when entering new securities manually (edit)

Options
jmaino
jmaino Member ✭✭
R45.21 worked acceptably - this ""bad" behavior was introduced in R46.9.
When entering new security in Investment transaction, user fills out Action, then Security - entering a <tab> from there will open the New Security dialog which is then filled-out.
In R45.21 after completely entering the new security details, user would be returned to the Register, where Action and Security name previously entered would be retained (albeit w/ the poor behavior of returning the cursor to the date field rather than preserving tab-advance to the Shares field).
As of R46.9 (and thru to R47.7) after returning from the New Security Dialog, the Action and Security that were entered prior to the New Security Dialog opening, are wiped clean - and user needs to re-enter all over again (plus the aforementioned ugly behavior of having the cursor snapped to the date field).

I'm using R45.21 so that I'm not continually plagued by this - this is easily reproducible for me - hoping we can get this fixed quickly.

Comments

• jmaino
    jmaino Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    BTW: this may only relate to new custom securities where the details are entered manually (that do not rely on having Quicken looking-up via the symbol), which is my primary use model to enter options trades.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From that bad-behavior date filed position, have you tried tabbing across the next fields?  

This is from incomplete memory banks:  For several older versions (1-year or more), the behavior you are citing was in place - you create the new security then have to restart the transaction entry from scratch.  Then I observed for a few releases, that advancing across the fields filled in just created new security.  I see in my current R43.32 better behavior with the fields clearly filled in as you cite with R45.21.

So I am wondering just what level of regression might be in place. 
  • jmaino
    jmaino Member ✭✭
    Options
    thanks for confirming q_lurker - yeah - tabbing across the fields is how I -try- to navigate thru - but as I said, as soon as I enter a new security - the things i previously entered are now vaporized and require re-entry.

AFTER being removed - tabbing across again from the Date column where it returns me, does nothing - the content needs to be re-entered manually.

As I mentioned, as a secondary pain, it's really not a wonderful UI design to "lose" my tab-position even when entering things - if I've tabbed-across to the Security, entered something which triggers the Security Detail form, manually enter the details - I really DO expect Quicken to understand that it should return-me to the next column - the thing I was tabbing-to when the New Security dialog pops-up (which, in most cases and at least in some older - way older versions - would be the Shares column).
This discussion has been closed.