Quicken website/password management broken - am in Italy (edit)

Options
I tried to change my password using the recover password button on the website. It sent the 6-digit ID, and all seemed well when I entered a new password. It even sent me an email to note the change. However, I cannot login with the new password. I tried this multiple times. So I now cannot access my Quicken account or do downloads. It matters not whether I do this from the website directly, or through the Windows application.

Best Answer

• twobbs1
    twobbs1 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    To finish this discussion, here's what happened. After a long chat session, the tech recommended that I call back to escalate on Monday. However, at 3PM PST (Sunday) I received a message saying that my ticket was closed, nothing else. But when I tried to login, password recovery now worked! I don't know if the problem was specific to my account, or more widespread.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you in the US or Canada? Are you using a VPN?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • twobbs1
    twobbs1 Member
    Options
    I am in Italy. This procedure has worked before without a VPN. It doesn't work now either with or without a VPN.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Options
    Unfortunately, Quicken has tightened up their security. Have you tried a VPN to a US address?
  • twobbs1
    twobbs1 Member
    Options
    Yes. I tried a VPN to the US.
  • twobbs1
    twobbs1 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    To finish this discussion, here's what happened. After a long chat session, the tech recommended that I call back to escalate on Monday. However, at 3PM PST (Sunday) I received a message saying that my ticket was closed, nothing else. But when I tried to login, password recovery now worked! I don't know if the problem was specific to my account, or more widespread.
  • twobbs1
    twobbs1 Member
    Options
    Spoke too soon. Broken again. Could login from phone earlier, but not from PC.
  • twobbs1
    twobbs1 Member
    Options
    After trying multiple times, and clearing Quicken cookies, I was finally successful in logging in from the Windows app. (It was failing earlier, although signings from phone and via web had succeeded.). This all seems highly unstable, and smells like some sort of synchronization problem with the back-end authentication logic.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Options
    FWIW, your Quicken account was blocked for security reasons, accounts are temporarily locked, and the solution is to wait, or to contact support.
This discussion has been closed.