R46.12 -- Checkpay, splits problems

Options
Two problems: When I try to use checkpay, it says the check number has already been used. I either have to reuse the number or cancel. Why doesn't Quicken just assign a different number? Quicken assigned the old number, not me.

Problem 2: I itemize my paycheck and I have it as part of my scheduled transactions. But now, I lose the last few itemizations and they all get clumped together into the uncategorized category.

I didn't have these problems last month, so I suspect there are bugs in version R46.12

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What check number range does Check Pay use? Do any of these check numbers overlap with a range of personal check numbers used previously?
  • RWilliams
    Options
    I don't know what range checkpay uses but the last # it assigned was 90131, which has not been used by my personal checks before and probably never will be. I only write a few checkpay checks a month. I find it hard to believe I've exceeded checkpay's range and I don't understand why I either have to reuse 90131 or else cancel the transaction.
  • RWilliams
    Options
    I finally told it to just reuse the same check #, 90131 -- but then it did indeed use the next #, 90132. So, it is some sort of esoteric error that does not, in fact, seem to keep Quicken from working correctly.
  • RWilliams
    Options
    I just upgraded to R47.11. The problem with some split transactions disappearing and getting clumped together and treated as unclassified (which I now see that others reported too) seems to have been resolved. Yeah!
This discussion has been closed.