Unable to set up Direct Connect with Live Oak Bank

Allen522
Allen522 Member ✭✭
I have multiple business banking accounts with Live Oak Bank and am unable to set up Direct Connect in Quicken for Mac. In the set up process Quicken asks for an "Access ID" and password. But there's no way to request an "Access ID" and my Live Oak Bank "Username" doesn't successfully work here. I talked with someone at Live Oak Bank who didn't know how to get me an "Access ID" and they suggested I contact you. Can you help, please?

Answers

• Allen522
    Allen522 Member ✭✭
    Here's a screenshot of the "Access ID" hurdle. Thanks!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Allen522 said:
    Here's a screenshot of the "Access ID" hurdle. Thanks!
    hHello @Allen522,    

We are sorry about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for telling us about this here on the Quicken Community.

What do you see when you click on 'Advanced' in the lower right-hand corner of that window? If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Click Next
    6. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    7. Click Next 

You may then add your Live Oak Bank-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by by navigating to the Add Account button in the Accounts menu in the upper left-hand side of the screen, or in the upper central-left hand side denoted by the '+' symbol then choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

Let us know about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.