Downloading from Fidelity

I have several accounts (IRA, Roth IRA, HSA) with Fidelity Investments. All are set up for OSU and have worked fine for years. Today I noticed that my Roth IRA wasn’t updating.

I found that Online Services were deactivated for that one account -- the others were OK. I clicked the “Set Up Now” button, entered my Fidelity userId and Password and it connected to Fidelity and displayed a list of my accounts. Under the Action box the choices are “Link to an existing account” “Add to Quicken” and “Don’t add to Quicken”. But for my Roth, under Action there is no choice -- only “Don’t Add to Quicken”

I disabled online access for all my Fidelity accounts and started over. Same thing. It finds all my Fidelity accounts, suggests which Quicken accounts they should map to , but the Roth is “Don’t Add to Quicken”

I called Fidelity and they were helpful but we agreed this is a Quicken problem.

Any ideas? I suppose I could delete the Roth from Quicken and start over but that means losing 11 years of transactions.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I have several accounts (IRA, Roth IRA, HSA) with Fidelity Investments. All are set up for OSU and have worked fine for years. Today I noticed that my Roth IRA wasn’t updating.

I found that Online Services were deactivated for that one account -- the others were OK. I clicked the “Set Up Now” button, entered my Fidelity userId and Password and it connected to Fidelity and displayed a list of my accounts. Under the Action box the choices are “Link to an existing account” “Add to Quicken” and “Don’t add to Quicken”. But for my Roth, under Action there is no choice -- only “Don’t Add to Quicken”

I disabled online access for all my Fidelity accounts and started over. Same thing. It finds all my Fidelity accounts, suggests which Quicken accounts they should map to , but the Roth is “Don’t Add to Quicken”

I called Fidelity and they were helpful but we agreed this is a Quicken problem.

Any ideas? I suppose I could delete the Roth from Quicken and start over but that means losing 11 years of transactions.
    Hello @Marvin Gardens,          

We are sorry about this issue with online banking services and missing connectivity options. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

If you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Fidelity Investment-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the Tools menu option in upper left-hand side of the screen, or in the more central, upper left-hand panel, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the options 'greyed out' in the test data file once this is attempted.

Let us know about your results, if you get the chance to check back in with us about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Thank you for the reply. I created a new instance of Quicken and went through the Add New Account process. I entered my Fidelity credentials and it found all my accounts, including the Roth IRA and added them to Quicken. Online services are active for all of them.

I tried validating my Quicken file but the problem persists.
  • Quicken Jared
    Thank you for the reply. I created a new instance of Quicken and went through the Add New Account process. I entered my Fidelity credentials and it found all my accounts, including the Roth IRA and added them to Quicken. Online services are active for all of them.

I tried validating my Quicken file but the problem persists.
    Hello @Marvin Gardens,    

Thanks so much for checking back in with us about this here on the Quicken Community. We do apologize that these issues are remaining.

Now that we have the results from the test file, I recommend returning to your original data file by navigating to File > Open Quicken File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the steps listed below, after saving another backup:

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Let us know about your results after attempting these instructions.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Aha. After signing on and out of Q, I disabled online access for all my Fidelity accounts. When I ran an OSU it still connected to Fidelity. ??? That's when I found a hidden account called "Fidelity Roth IRA" which was being updated. I deleted that account, set up online access for my Fidelity accounts, including "Roth IRA - Fidelity" and now all is well. Thanks for your help
  • Quicken Jared
    Aha. After signing on and out of Q, I disabled online access for all my Fidelity accounts. When I ran an OSU it still connected to Fidelity. ??? That's when I found a hidden account called "Fidelity Roth IRA" which was being updated. I deleted that account, set up online access for my Fidelity accounts, including "Roth IRA - Fidelity" and now all is well. Thanks for your help
    Hello @Marvin Gardens,   

Thanks so much for letting me know about these developments, and for telling us about this discovery of the Roth IRA account; that information is very helpful.

I am glad to hear that the situation seems to be resolved.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns, and have a great day!

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared
This discussion has been closed.