Can Simple Portfolio view show the actual value of Options in the Value column

DouginMD
DouginMD Member
edited March 2023 in Investing (Mac)
I am running Quicken Deluxe for Mac version Version 6.11.3 (Build 611.47347.100) and Mac OS macOS 12.6.2.

Is the problem I describe below with Quicken for Mac OR the interface from my Broker's software?

My Broker uses a company that only supports the Simple Investment Tracking Method (positions only) interface with Quicken. When I download from the company, the securities and mutual funds have the correct value. But the Options (Puts and Calls) don't. They show the number of Options multiplied by the Option Price. The actual Value of the position should also be multiplied by 100 since each Option represents 100 shares.

For example, I have sold calls for ABCD INC (a fake company) MAR 17,2023 @ 7.500. I have -10 shares and they have a price of .28 per Option. Quicken for Mac shows a value of -2.80. It's negative since I sold the call. But that doesn't consider that each Option represents 100 shares of the actual Stock. The value on the Broker's website is -280.00 which is -10 * .28 * 100. Can Quicken for Mac display -280.00 in the Value column in the Simple Portfolio view for Options?
This discussion has been closed.