how to download "duplicate" transactions to an investment account. Overcome error OL-96-A/B

Options
Wiley Won
Wiley Won Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Investing (Windows)
Today I downloaded a QFX file from a 401K provider that covered 18 months. When Quicken accepted the 143 entries, it asked if one of the securities matched an existing and I said No. Of course Quicken created a new Security with the identical symbol but a slightly different name. There is no easy way to merge two securities, so I deleted all 143 entries and erased the unused security.

Now I want Quicken to accept those 143 transactions all over again, but it returns an OL-96-A error "No new transactions". Clearly, Quicken has remembered the date of the last download/acceptance (today) and is trying to protect me from downloading duplicates.
I need to find a way to reset the date of the last download so that Quicken will accept those transactions a second time.
(Before you ask, no, I was not clever enough to perform a backup before I did all this.)
Tagged:

Comments

• Wiley Won
    Wiley Won Member ✭✭
    Options
    Nobody knows how to fix this?
    Not even a guess?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fix would be to restore the backup you didn't take and re-import the QFX file.
    The transactions are not remembered by date. They are individually remembered by transaction identifiers called FITIDs.
    To re-import that QFX file, edit it with a text editor and modify all the FITIDs by appending a single character to each one. Then the transactions should be imported because those FITIDs haven't been seen before.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.