Edit individual bill reminders

Options
I used to be able to do this on the MAC version, but for some reason can't in Windows.

I put in bill reminders for all of my bills and choose for them to "auto entry" into the registry 30 days in advance, so I can forecast easy.

Does anyone know why I can't edit the individual entries from the register? It'll let me skip it and delete the entry.

An example is my water bill I estimate is $90. When the actual bill comes out, I want to edit it to 95.20. It won't let me though I just have those two options.

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If, instead of auto-entering the reminder into the register, you were to set it to "Remind me [xx] days in advance", you'd get an opportunity to enter the actual amount when you receive the water bill a couple of weeks before due date.
    If the reminder is set up to "estimate the amount from [1-6] past payments", the future instances would be recalculated when you record the current instance. Auto-enter followed by edit register transaction doesn't do that.
    For bills that vary widely with the season try to estimate based on "time of year". This uses the payment from a year ago as an estimate for this month.
    If you're pre-loading scheduled reminders several months ahead of time, for projection purposes ... you don't really need to do that. The Projected Balances view in the Bills & Income tab, once customized to your needs, will show your balances 30, 60, 90 days or 1 year into the future. Of course, or should I say "unfortunately", this projection does not include unscheduled income or expenses.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does anyone know why I can't edit the individual entries from the register? It'll let me skip it and delete the entry.

That is a restriction they put on "automatic entered" reminders.  Why? only the developers would be able to say.
    The restriction isn't on "remind me" reminders.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jacob Mayhew
    Jacob Mayhew Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you both for your replies. If I change them to reminders vs auto entry, will they still show up similar in my register? More specifically, when I'm wanting to scroll out 30day sand see how it affects our balance, they'll be there but just different? I can play around with it also, but if you know off the top of your head. Thank you.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It looks like this:

Everything below the blue line is a reminder in the future.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.