Reconciling Items in One Account Appears In Corresponding Transfer Account

Options
We have the latest version of Quicken installed and are still having issues with reconciling lines that are transfers from another account. If we reconcile an account with a transfer like our mortgage account, the corresponding payment in our checking account register appears as reconciled. A similar thing happens in some instances for our brokerage account where we have the cash separated into a cash account. If I reconcile the brokerage account/section, some transactions will be marked as reconciled in the linked cash account. However, it doesn't happen for all transactions it seems and hence the confusion. If every cash transaction were to appear as reconciled in the cash account, I could understand that since it is one account with a link to a cash account. So reconciling has become an unfortunate adventure trying to find reconciled transactions and mark them as cleared in order to reconcile the cash account.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have the latest version of Quicken installed and are still having issues with reconciling lines that are transfers from another account. If we reconcile an account with a transfer like our mortgage account, the corresponding payment in our checking account register appears as reconciled. A similar thing happens in some instances for our brokerage account where we have the cash separated into a cash account. If I reconcile the brokerage account/section, some transactions will be marked as reconciled in the linked cash account. However, it doesn't happen for all transactions it seems and hence the confusion. If every cash transaction were to appear as reconciled in the cash account, I could understand that since it is one account with a link to a cash account. So reconciling has become an unfortunate adventure trying to find reconciled transactions and mark them as cleared in order to reconcile the cash account.
    Hello @rrutland78,   

We are sorry to hear about these problems with reconciling accounts with Transfers. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, what information is included in the Category field of the Transfer transaction in the originating account? Including the name of the receiving account in the '[]' square brackets may be the best way to manage these Transfers

Let us know more about this, if you get the chance to check back in with us about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.