Why does sidebar investment account market value not match Holdings' value (which is correct)?

Options
jsltwin
jsltwin Member ✭✭
In one of my brokerage accounts, The total market value in the holdings detail -- which is correct -- does not match the total market value recorded in the account. A very odd glitch and I can't fix it, but I think it happened when I entered some bond transactions. However, even if I delete all those entries, it won't go away. There is something "hidden" behind the scene that is totally screwing my totals up. Off by about $50K

Best Answers

• jsltwin
    jsltwin Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No. But I found a CTRL Z thing after searching further, and it fixed it.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    When I tried that in my TEST file I got a popup saying that Quicken was recalculating the data in the account.  Apparently, regarding your account, something had earlier caused Quicken to stop calculating or to incorrectly calculate the data.  Glad it worked for you.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    have you tried to validate and repair the file? that often fixes this problem.  could be a lot that is out of kilter somewhere
  • jsltwin
    jsltwin Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    jsltwin said:
    CNTRL+Z....I never would have thought of trying that.  Thanks for posting it here.  I'm sure it's bound to help others.

• jsltwin
    jsltwin Member ✭✭
    Options
    Frankly, it's weird that it's not "publicized" or in a menu. You are in the account, and you hit CTRL Z and it does some sort of update to the records. Completely fixed mine.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    When I tried that in my TEST file I got a popup saying that Quicken was recalculating the data in the account.  Apparently, regarding your account, something had earlier caused Quicken to stop calculating or to incorrectly calculate the data.  Glad it worked for you.

This discussion has been closed.