Category missing Quicken Rental Property

Options
kilingiros .
kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
Category is missing when entering tenant payments using Quicken Rental Property.  Quicken used to insert category from memorized transactions when entering rental payments, now it' blank.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Category is missing when entering tenant payments using Quicken Rental Property.  Quicken used to insert category from memorized transactions when entering rental payments, now it' blank.
    Hello @kilingiros

We are sorry about this issue with missing categories. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, what do you see regarding this Category in the Memorized Payee List in the Tools menu at the top of the screen? Does the Category appear to be saved here?

I look forward to your answers.

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared 
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @kilingiros

We are sorry about this issue with missing categories. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, what do you see regarding this Category in the Memorized Payee List in the Tools menu at the top of the screen? Does the Category appear to be saved here?

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared 
    Hi Jared,
    Yes the category appears in the memorized payee list.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Hello @kilingiros

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared 
    Hi Jared,
    Hello @killingiros,

We are sorry about this issue continuing, and thank you for answering my earlier question about the situation.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the instructions below, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    I hope to hear back from you about your results, if you get the chance to check back in with us. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @kilingiros

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared 
    Hi Jared,
    Hello @killingiros,

We are sorry about this issue continuing, and thank you for answering my earlier question about the situation.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the instructions below, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    I hope to hear back from you about your results, if you get the chance to check back in with us. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    Hi Jared, Validate / Super Validate did not help
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    @kilingiros,    

We are sorry that this issue is continuing, even after validating and super-validating the data file. 

One other option left to us is to try copying your data file. Please note that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied data file, and that it will be necessary to reactivate all online account connections, online Bill Manager services, and all online notifications in the new copy of the data file. All internal lists and database tables will be replaced. Also, a new data set will be created in the new data file, should you intend to use that as your primary data file, going forward. 

With that in mind, if you wish to continue, follow these steps, in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Copy or Backup File...
    3. Select Create a copy or template
    4. Click Next 
    5. Select a file location on your computer
    6. Click Save Copy
    7. Select New Copy
    8. Click OK

Let us know if the problems seem to continue after this step.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @kilingiros,    

We are sorry that this issue is continuing, even after validating and super-validating the data file. 

One other option left to us is to try copying your data file. Please note that doing so will disconnect all online services in the copied data file, and that it will be necessary to reactivate all online account connections, online Bill Manager services, and all online notifications in the new copy of the data file. All internal lists and database tables will be replaced. Also, a new data set will be created in the new data file, should you intend to use that as your primary data file, going forward. 

1. Navigate to File
    4. Click Next 
    6. Click Save Copy
    7. Select New Copy
    8. Click OK

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    Jared,
    B4 I continue down this rabbit hole, have you tried to replicacte this issue???????????????
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @kilingiros,    

1. Navigate to File
    4. Click Next 
    6. Click Save Copy
    7. Select New Copy
    8. Click OK

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    Jared,
    Yes I did as you suggested and created a copy, unfortunately the category is still NOT populating when entering rental payment.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    @kilingiros,    

1. Navigate to File
    4. Click Next 
    6. Click Save Copy
    7. Select New Copy
    8. Click OK

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    Jared,
    Yes I did as you suggested and created a copy, unfortunately the category is still NOT populating when entering rental payment.
    Hello @killingiros,     

Thank you for letting me know about your results. We do apologize that this issue is continuing, even after copying the data file. 

Unfortunately, given the ongoing nature of this issue, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to work with you in order to troubleshoot and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them, uniquely. I do wish that we could provide more advice from the Quicken Community, but Support's help will be necessary in this situation.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @kilingiros,    

1. Navigate to File
    4. Click Next 
    6. Click Save Copy
    7. Select New Copy
    8. Click OK

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    Jared,
    Hello @killingiros,     

Thank you for letting me know about your results. We do apologize that this issue is continuing, even after copying the data file. 

Unfortunately, given the ongoing nature of this issue, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to work with you in order to troubleshoot and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them, uniquely. I do wish that we could provide more advice from the Quicken Community, but Support's help will be necessary in this situation.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    @kilingiros,    

1. Navigate to File
    4. Click Next 
    6. Click Save Copy
    7. Select New Copy
    8. Click OK

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    Jared,
    Hello @killingiros,     

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    Thank you Jared.
This discussion has been closed.