Wells Fargo Mortgage Account Still Requiring 2FA/MFA

Options
kelleycm
kelleycm Mac Beta Beta
I followed the instructions provided in a previous post of mine, which has since been closed, here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7925014/wells-fargo-account-keeps-asking-for-2fa-mfa-code-upon-every-refresh#latest

Prior to that, all of my Wells account, there checking and one mortgage, had been linked to Quicken using a single login credential. 

The steps given in the post above worked in removing my 2FA/MFA prompt, BUT the newly connected Direct Connect method it did afterwards only allowed me to link my three checking accounts, NOT the mortgage account I have.

I then had to add a Wells Fargo Home Mortgage account (using the exact same login credentials) separately, thus prompting me for a 2FA/MFA code upon every account update now again.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kelleycm said:
    I followed the instructions provided in a previous post of mine, which has since been closed, here: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7925014/wells-fargo-account-keeps-asking-for-2fa-mfa-code-upon-every-refresh#latest

Prior to that, all of my Wells account, there checking and one mortgage, had been linked to Quicken using a single login credential. 

The steps given in the post above worked in removing my 2FA/MFA prompt, BUT the newly connected Direct Connect method it did afterwards only allowed me to link my three checking accounts, NOT the mortgage account I have.

I then had to add a Wells Fargo Home Mortgage account (using the exact same login credentials) separately, thus prompting me for a 2FA/MFA code upon every account update now again.
    Hello @kelleycm,       

We are sorry about this problem with online banking services and 2-Factor Authentication.  Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, just so we are clear: are all of the Wells Fargo accounts being affected by this same issue, and are all of them making use of the Direct Connect Connection Type? You can check this by clicking one of the affected accounts in the Account List on the left-hand side of the Quicken panel and then navigating to the Settings menu denoted by the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. The Downloads tab in the window that appears should contain this information. 

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

This discussion has been closed.