Is it possible to display a yearly expense report broken down into months?

C Mango
C Mango Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Reports (Windows)
I'm using Quicken Starter on Windows 10. If I create an itemized category report by year, the report only lists the total amount in the category for the entire year. It doesn't show how much was spent on the category each month.
For instance, I want a report to show the total spent on gas for the entire year of 2022, but I also want the report to show the totals for each month. I know I could create 12 separate reports for each month as a workaround, but that's what I'm trying to avoid. I start by creating a spending report in which I choose "yearly" and "2022" under date range. Then I de-select all the categories and add back only the categories I want displayed, in this example: gas. The report gives me the total for the year, but it's not broken down on a per month basis. Is this not an option in Quicken when creating yearly reports for single categories?

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It depends on the exact report you are using.  If you use "Itemized Categories", no, it does not allow breakdown by month.  However, if you use "Spending By Category" there is a "column" dropdown that allows you to pick "month" which will show each category by month with a total for the year.

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It depends on the exact report you are using.  If you use "Itemized Categories", no, it does not allow breakdown by month.  However, if you use "Spending By Category" there is a "column" dropdown that allows you to pick "month" which will show each category by month with a total for the year.
This discussion has been closed.