How to add budgets to spending report

geryo
geryo Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Reports (Windows)
OK, I know, I might have committed a sin by budgeting some of our expenses but not all. I'd like to generate a report showing a summary of all our expenses over a given period of time showing the expense amount, the budget amount (put zero if not in the budget), and optional, the difference. How do I do that?
Tagged:

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the Current Budget report.  You can get it either under the Reports menu or in the menu on the Budget tab.
  • geryo
    geryo Member ✭✭
    I don't think that works. I have several expense categories, which are not budgeted - meaning that they not in the budget, the intention is that if all goes well, we should not be spending any more moneys on those anymore. On occasion we have no choice and must spend moneys on those categories, and on other location, I take an expense and accidentally allocate it to a category that is not in the budget. I tried to run the current budget report, as you suggested, but it appears to only show spending which have been allocated to categories in the budge. It would be most helpful if there was a way to have one report that shows both categories which are in the budget, as well as those which are not, and for those which are in the budget, also show the budget amount.
  • bmciance
    bmciance Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the report settings.  There is a setting to show all categories whether budgeted or not (the last tab)
This discussion has been closed.