American Express Updating wrong Account

Options
I have the most current release of Quicken. I then performed a One Step Update, was prompted to Revalidate my American Express access. I did that and updates continued across all my accounts. I was just doing a month end reconciliation of my Bank Accounts (Citi) and discovered that Quicken loaded all of my American Express transaction into my Money Market account. Worse yet all of the AMX charges were entered into my savings account as Deposits going back to Jan 10th of 2023. The same transactions show up in my American Express account as charges. T :o :s here literally 50+ transaction that were loaded into the wrong account. Why? How?

Comments

• Chris15
    Chris15 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I then deleted the incorrect transactions from the account that was wrong but then noticed that all those transactions also deleted from the AMEX account. I thought I could reload them by running an update on the AMEX account but, when I did, no transactions were downloaded. I there any way to now load all the missing transactions into the AMEX account without doing them manually?
  • Chris15
    Chris15 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Problem solved. I selected the missing transactions from the AMEX website and downloaded them to a QFX file and then updated the account with that file.
  • Tactical 1
    Tactical 1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I resolved by locating the individual transaction in the American Express account and recategorized them. This removed them from the Money Market account. I then deactivated the American Express account from updating, and then reactivate the auto updating and making sure to select the American Express account name during the reactivation process. Not sure how the first time it came up with the Money Market account since during the second reactivation the money Market account was not listed. Go figure, its a mystery bug I suppose.
This discussion has been closed.