Invoicing Account

Options
The problem I am having is that I want to use the invoice function of quicken, but I don't want to track it against my banking account. It constantly shows a negative balance for transactions that I track somewhere else and has even broken parts of my invoice up in ways like now I owe my client money against the invoice. Is there some way to prevent these transactions from showing up in my registry. Thanks a million

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Customer Invoice you create is recorded in the Customer Invoice account register. Individual line items are categorized to Business categories, typically using a Schedule C tax line item like Gross Sales.
    When you receive payment for an invoice, the New Customer Payment transaction deposits the check you received into your checking account.
    How is your situation different from this? Can you give us some examples, please? Show us an invoice using the Customer Invoice data entry form. And also show us how you record payments you receive.
    To attach image snapshots create in image file (JPG, PNG or GIF). Use Windows File Explorer to drag the file into your next Comment on this webpage. Do make sure to black out sensitive information before posting any images.
    For more information about setting up and running a small business start reading here: https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Business

This discussion has been closed.