“Show reminders for” - balance changes with every option

Options
Tigershark99
Tigershark99 Member
edited March 2023 in Using the Mobile App
On the mobile app, I only have one account synced to it which was started 10/19/22. Whenever I adjust the show reminders for “said days”, the balance drastically changes.

Example, opening balance 10/19/22 694.84 with “don’t show reminders”. Change show reminders to 7 days and balance becomes (-4300.64) for the same day. 14 days (-5587.20). 30 days 27.37. But switch to 12 months and everything is fine.

I have signed out, deleted app, reinstalled app. Reset my data from the preferences menu in windows quicken.

Any ideas?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the mobile app, I only have one account synced to it which was started 10/19/22. Whenever I adjust the show reminders for “said days”, the balance drastically changes.

Example, opening balance 10/19/22 694.84 with “don’t show reminders”. Change show reminders to 7 days and balance becomes (-4300.64) for the same day. 14 days (-5587.20). 30 days 27.37. But switch to 12 months and everything is fine.

I have signed out, deleted app, reinstalled app. Reset my data from the preferences menu in windows quicken.

Any ideas?
    Hello @Tigershark99,         

We are sorry about this issue with changing balances. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, would you be willing to tell us which financial institution is associated with the account? Also, when you mention that you have 'reset [the] data,' did you follow the steps listed below, in order? Note #1: be sure to save a backup on your desktop before doing this. 

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon  in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID

Note #2: The Mobile App is a companion app and requires the desktop Quicken program to sync data with. Make sure when syncing on your desktop that the accounts you want to sync are selected. In the Mobile & Web tab, you can see what accounts are enabled for Mobile Sync. If the accounts you want to sync are not listed there, you can click Edit Account Setting to add or remove accounts from Mobile Sync.

If you aren't seeing the data file you are expecting to see, try signing out of the Mobile App and signing back in. Also, make sure you are signing in using the same Quicken ID on both your desktop and mobile device.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Tigershark99
    Options
    Comerica Bank. Yes I have done this many times does not change anything. 7, 14, 30, and 90 days balance is never correct. And this is only mobile. The windows Quicken is always correct.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Comerica Bank. Yes I have done this many times does not change anything. 7, 14, 30, and 90 days balance is never correct. And this is only mobile. The windows Quicken is always correct.
    Hello @Tigershark99,   

Thank you for letting me know about your results from resetting the cloud. We are sorry that the problem remains, even after earlier troubleshooting.

Unfortunately, given the ongoing nature of this issue, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to work with you in order to troubleshoot and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them, uniquely. I do wish that we could provide more advice from the Quicken Community, but Support's help will be necessary in this situation.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.