Auto filling the Category

Options
My credit cards are on auto-pay. When a payment occurs, the transaction first shows up in my credit card account and then the following day it will show up in my Bank Account. No problem with this. The issue is that the transaction against my credit card account auto-fills the category with itself, namely the credit card name. How can I change this so that it auto-fills with my Bank Account?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grlasnier said:
    My credit cards are on auto-pay. When a payment occurs, the transaction first shows up in my credit card account and then the following day it will show up in my Bank Account. No problem with this. The issue is that the transaction against my credit card account auto-fills the category with itself, namely the credit card name. How can I change this so that it auto-fills with my Bank Account?
    Hello @grlasnier,   

We are sorry about this problem with automatic transaction categories. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then take a look at this Support Article, if you haven't already. Does that seem to resolve the issue?

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For best results manually enter transfer transactions into your register BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain the transfer confirmations. For recurring transfers use scheduled reminders and enter them a day or two before the due date. 
    Be sure to use distinct Payee Names for each transfer / credit card payment to avoid confusing Quicken - memorized payee entries.
    That takes the guesswork out of the download process. Because a correctly entered transfer transaction already exists in your account registers, the download process should just match the downloaded transfer transaction to the existing one in both accounts.

This discussion has been closed.