Capital One Credit Card Reauthorization fails (Q Mac)

Options
After updating to QfM to Version 6.12.2, I'm asked to re-authorize my cap one credit card (Checking and savings work fine). When try to do that, I enter the username, password and get the following error message. I've reported it daily but no response from the Quicken folks:
=============
An unexpected error occurred.

Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-189

Details:
CP_SCRIPT_ERROR
Script not written yet. New script needs to be supported for this FI

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    kerryalt said:
    After updating to QfM to Version 6.12.2, I'm asked to re-authorize my cap one credit card (Checking and savings work fine). When try to do that, I enter the username, password and get the following error message. I've reported it daily but no response from the Quicken folks:
    =============
    An unexpected error occurred.

Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-189

Details:
    CP_SCRIPT_ERROR
    Script not written yet. New script needs to be supported for this FI
    Hello @kerryalt,  

We apologize about this issue with online banking services, and that you have yet to receive a response. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the instructions listed below:

Deactivating the Affected Accounts:

1. Click on the account name for your account(s) in the Accounts toolbar in Quicken.
    2. Click the Settings icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
    3. Click on the Downloads tab.
    4. Click on Disconnect Account.
    5. Click Done.
    6. Repeat the above steps for each account until they are all deactivated.

Reactivating the Accounts for Online Update:

1. Select Accounts menu > New > Account Type.
    2. Enter the name of your bank, then click Continue.
    3. Enter the required sign-in credentials you use to access your accounts, and then click Continue.
    4. Answer any security questions, etc. required by your bank to sign in, and click Continue.
    5. Once Quicken has discovered your list of accounts, you will have the option to link them to the existing accounts already in Quicken.
      • In the Action column of the Accounts Found window, select the appropriate existing account to link.
      • In the Type column, choose the correct account type for each account from the dropdown menus
    6. Once you have linked all existing accounts for this bank, click on Continue to complete the activation process for your accounts, and then click Finish.
    7. Repeat these steps for each bank needing to be reactivated.
    You can read more about the instructions in the Support Article provided here.

Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • kerryalt
    kerryalt Member
    Options
    Its still broken.
    Went through the process; did not work.
    Browser at Cap One says "Accounts Authorized", goes back to quicken and quicken displays:
    "An unexpected error occurred.
    Please try again later."
  • kerryalt
    kerryalt Member
    Options
    OK, now is fixed. Had to disconnect ALL the Cap One accounts (only the credit card was failing). Then I could download from all.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kerryalt said:
    OK, now is fixed. Had to disconnect ALL the Cap One accounts (only the credit card was failing). Then I could download from all.
    Hello @kerryalt,    

Thanks so much for getting back to me with updates about the situation, and I am sorry that you did not receive a response sooner. I am happy to hear that the situation seems to be resolved, and I appreciate the information about disconnecting each account and how this particular step appears to have been essential in this matter.

Feel free to reach out again with any additional questions or concerns.

Best wishes,

Quicken Jared 
  • DEBA
    DEBA Member
    Options

This has been driving me crazy since it decided to go wacky on me since the first of the year. Glad I found this discussion. I did the steps and it worked for me. Thanks.

• twhitehead928
    Options

Where in the world is the "Accounts menu > New > Account Type"???

Finder menu bar? Top of register? Bottom of register? Some right click location? Three dots above "All Transactions"?

MacOS 12.6.3 Quicken Version 6.12.5 (Build 612.47953.100)

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023
    Options

It's in the menu bar at the top of the screen.

• twhitehead928
    Options

Thanks Jon,
    The syntax is different for Mac as opposed to what Jared posted.
    Either way, I got it working…thanks all

This discussion has been closed.