How do I change the order of the columns in the register?

Options
FifiS
FifiS Member

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can swap the order of a few columns in Preferences, but that's about it.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    FifiS said:
    Hello @FifiS,   

Thank you for inquiring about the process of rearranging the Register Columns here on the Quicken Community. 

Unfortunately, this feature does not currently exist in the Quicken for Windows software. You can, of course, always search the Idea threads here on the Quicken Community for user-submitted suggestions of features that would be desirable. You can then vote on them along with other members of the community in order to present them to the development team for further consideration. I believe a thread regarding a posited feature very much like the one you describe exists here. Note that you may add your vote by clicking on the 'number-above-a-triangle-within-a-box' icon, pictured below.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can swap the order of a few columns in Preferences, but that's about it.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Come on over to Mac  :)

Mac lags behind Win in in many ways.
    However, QMac is far advanced as to register flexibility - the ability to Show/Hide columns, change column order over, and to Filter registers. This for both investment and non-investment account registers.

QWin has some catching up to do in this area  :)

QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Johnmonthrots
    Johnmonthrots Member ✭✭
    Options

So how DO you change the column order in QMAC???

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It is a Drag/Drop operation;

Hover your curcor over a Column Header.

Press & hold your mouse button.

Drag the column left or right.

QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

This discussion has been closed.