Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Display/UI (Windows)

Give us the ability to Rearrange Columns

in the register view
4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    More details, please.
    What exactly are you trying to do?
    A limited way of rearranging columns is available in banking account registers in Quicken for Windows. Go to Edit / Preferences Register to see the options.
    You can add or delete columns from the register view by selecting the Register Columns gear icon.
    You can change the register view and toggle between 1-line and 2-lines-per-transactions modes by pressing CTRL-2
    There's currently no way to rearrange columns in the investment register view other than changing between 1- and 2-line modes. To do so go into Edit / Preferences / Investment transactions and change the "List display" option.
  • Specifically - I would like to be able to move the Cleared column from the right of the Payment column over by the Date column. So that it's a little easier to see when I last reconciled. I also might rather have the Payment and Deposit columns closer to the Payee column. I look for the amount I paid someone more often than the Category, the Tag, or the Memo.

Also, I thought I posted this in the Suggestions thread.

Thanks
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this IS in the suggested IDEAs section. ;)
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• shopthomas13shopthomas13 Member ✭✭
    I am new to Windows 2020 Deluxe from Mac 2020 Deluxe.
    I thought I wasn't doing something right because I couldn't move columns either.
    Such a simple task....why would the Mac version do something the Windows won't?
    I am truly not liking this software now.
  • smayer97smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am new to Windows 2020 Deluxe from Mac 2020 Deluxe.
    I thought I wasn't doing something right because I couldn't move columns either.
    Such a simple task....why would the Mac version do something the Windows won't?
    Because QMac is being built from the ground up so they are able to do things differently. That said, that is also one reason why so many other features are still missing from QMac.

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen
    ? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian Q user since '92, STILL using QM2007)